Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Match Made In Heaven

 I’ve just returned from the inaugural “Yoga Weekend” at Arowhon. By the end of the three days I felt as though my body had gently been taken away from me to be replaced by a new, younger, more relaxed one.

Amber Morphy, the yoga instructor was a master at describing the asanas (positions) with step by step with personal directions to those (like me) who were new to Yoga while showing the experienced members of our group how to extend their bodies (literally) into positions I can only imagine being in. Even after three one hour sessions a day for three days, Amber was still coming up with new asanas to keep to keep me interested.

I always come back from my trips to Arowhon relaxed and filled to the brim with the Algonquin spirit, but coming back from the Yoga retreat added a new dimension to my mind/body experience, one that I will not hesitate to repeat should this dynamic combination be offered again.


Thank you to Arowhon for providing the setting and impeccable service.

No comments:

Post a Comment