Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Perils of Being Married to a Writer

"It’s the remoteness, the quiet, the space – mental, physical, emotional – that makes you feel like writing. So after lunch one day, I told Arnie that I was going to sit on the covered dining hall verandah that overlooks the lake, and work on my new novel. He said he was going to take one of the two small Hobies out for a sail: he’d done that the afternoon before, and he’d enjoyed it. Today the lake was a bit rougher and it looked like rain, and I told him to be careful. 'I'm too young to be a widow', I said, giving him a kiss goodbye. I assured him I’d keep my eye on him." -- M. W. Walters

Read more: The Militant Writer blog by Mary W. Walters 

Arnie at the helm, the day before his misadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment